To run a lucrative business in Dubai it is vital to renew your trade license on time, this guide will take you step by step on the procedure of trade license renewal in Dubai, At Startupgulf we have professional agents who will keep you updated via timely reminders about the recent change in the norms and policies of UAE.
Looking for trade License in Dubai. Read More: HOW TO GET TRADE LICENSE IN DUBAI
Any business running in Dubai will need a trade license certificate from the UAE government.
Furthermore, if the business is operating in a mainland area you will also need to get a local sponsor in order to get a trade license. Check out our complete guide on getting a local sponsor in Dubai:-
It is very important that you renew your trade license on time if you want to ensure the smooth flow of your business in Dubai.
Given below are some sequential steps that you will need to follow to renew your trade license in Dubai…
- Validate your tenancy contracts
- Get the licensing approval.
- Submit the application.
- Get the Transaction number
- Make the payment
Validate your tenancy Contract
Tenancy Contract: Tenancy contract is a contract between the property owner and the business entity which lets you live in a property as long as you pay the rent on time and follow their predefined protocols.
- Before applying for renewal of the trade license make sure that your tenancy contract is valid for not less than three months.
- If the due date of both the essentials corresponds each other then you must renew the tenancy contract and trade license together.
- It is equally important to get your tenancy contract attested by EJARI.
2. Get your licensing approval
Doing business in Dubai requires the approval of the concerned authorities which are related to your business. These concerned authorities vary with the nature and type of your business. Before applying for the submission you must find out the department under which your business will come.
For example:- A Taxi company will need the consent of a road and transport authority of Dubai similarly a restaurant will need approval from the food safety department of Dubai.
It is very important to go through all of these approvals before renewing the trade license.
Submitting the application.
Put together the tenancy contract along with the EJARI attestation which includes the photographs of the partners and the firm. You must submit the Dubai DED license approval with the required documents.
Following is a list of documents that will be needed by any company to renew the trade license in Dubai via the OFFLINE PROCEDURE.
- Trade license renewal form
- Photocopy of the Passports of the concerned authorities.
- Photocopy of the UAE ID card.
- A No Objection Certificate of the lease contract provided by the department of lands and properties.
- Attested signatures of the concerned authorities in your business.
- For submitting the application you will need a legal representative of UAE in order to file all the documents.
Nevertheless, if you want to follow the online procedure you must take care of the following points:
- All the documents should be in PDF format.
- The contrast and brightness of the PDF documents should be fine otherwise your documents may get rejected on suspicion of forgery.
- All the PDF documents should be properly labeled with a bold heading on top.
- The size of a single document should not exceed 70 kB.
Get the Transaction number:
A Transaction number/payment voucher will be provided by the Department of Economic Development (DED) upon the submission of the application.The transaction number is important as it can be used as a reference number until you get the renewed license.
Make the payment
You should always renew the trade license about a month before the due date because if you submit after the last date you will have to incur heavy fines and many other penalties.
Even though trade renewal has been made easy by the Department of Economic Development through online and offline procedures but still getting approvals and keeping yourself updated with the procedures and norms can be a tiresome and laborious process. So if you do not wish to spend your time on these governmental paperwork tasks, we will suggest you get in contact with a business service providers in Dubai which will complete all of these tedious tasks for you with a nominal fee of around 2500 to 3500 AED.